love letters to glorious god

Saturday, November 18, 2006

19/11/2006
Morning Lord,
I am feeling fresh and alert, I read your word, ate breakfast with my Dad, and I feel good, Lord. I was pondering during breakfast, Was Jesus apolitical, detatched from the political arena and how should we emulate that.

Other things that I have been pondering about is covenant we have with Jesus paralleled with the Marital act. Because if it is, than "self-gratification" and artificial contraception or any othe perversions of the act would be profane. However Lord, such a view is congruent with the Catholic view. I know I was a heretic in GP class back in college but Lord not in the church I love. The marital act is sacred and it is paralled to communion. No that I am legalistic but any comprimise of this act would lead to a multitude of grey areas. Luther and Calvin held the view of the sacredness of the marital act.

Lord, I regard the marital act as sacred. If it is viewed in any other way but sacred, provision for perversion will seep in. These conviction are for me to live my life, a life that is prudent, wise, prosperous. It is scriptorial, not from any other authority. It is not my way, but yours. I have set my mind on things that are of above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Not by my strength but by prayerful abstinence and pre-marital celibacy.
Lord, let thy will be done in my life as it is in heaven.

Even more importantly Lord, keep me from evil and extend my boundaries. take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Praise you Lord.

And Father, I believe Lord that Evangelical Newly Reformed, Five Fold Ministry Orientated Christianity is Biblical Christianity at its most potent. Not because I sort of grew up in such environment but Lord because, in my opinion, it is at the cutting edge.

When practiced, there is equal emphasis in the Word, Spirit. For from your word you are magnified, and from your word that resides in our minds your Holy Spirit convicts, counsels, encourages us.

I got to get ready to go to church Lord, I ponder when I write again.
Some key points in case i forget: autonomy, harmony, ...

I had a wonderfultime in church, one thing importnt I learn today is that we come to church to give to you, and worship you not to get anything.

Moving on Lord, yes, there is more autonomy between the self and the church, thus there is more opportunity for spiritual growth.

Maybe Lord, I should dwell upon this somewhere else not in this letter. Its just that I feel this is the foundation of my ministry for you. Dear Lord, I want to serve you. Thankl you for your wisdom. I love you Lord.

Rajwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home